Addis Ababa – Bale Mountains
Drive from Addis to the Bale Mountains National Park. Arrive at the park headquarters in the afternoon, in time for a leisurely afternoon hike, possibly spotting two endemic mammals that frequent the area: Menelik’s Bushbuck and the Mountain Nyala. Birds in this area include the Blue-Winged Goose, the Spot-Breasted Lapwing, the Abyssinian Long Claw, the Wattled Ibis, the Black-Headed Siskin, Rouget’s Rail, and numerous other species. Overnight camping near park entrance. Overnight Camping.
Trek to Sodota
Walk through Dinsho and enter the National Park. Around Dinsho, the Mountain Nyala and Menelik’s Bushbuck should be visible. While trekking through the park, there will be a chance to see Ethiopian Wolves. Stop by Habera Waterfall for a nice break. Hiking will take 6-7 hours. Camping at Sodota.
Trek to Wasama
Trek to Wasama through a beautiful landscape with stunning views. Pass through Mararo Valley where the Lammergeyer and Verraux Eagles keep nests. There will also be a chance a seeing the Ethiopian Wolf and other species of birds. Around 5-6 hours of trekking. Camping at Wasama.
Trek to Gebre Gurracha.
Start the day by hiking up Mt. Wasama (4200m) and then continue down into the Worgona Valley. Falcons, raptors, and possibly the Ethiopian wolf will be visible. End the day at Lake Gebre Gurracha, meaning “black lake” in the Oromic language. Trekking will take 6-7 hours. Camping at Gebre Gurracha.
Sanetti Plateau – Addis Ababa.
Take a short trek from Gebre Gurracha up to the Sennati Plateau to meet vehicles. Return to Addis Ababa.
The below price is with a group of at least 3
We also organize private tour as per our your request
Cost of the tour $400 per person
The price includes
- Transport latest model Toyota with Experienced English speaking driver throughout the Tour.
- All Entrance fees and licenses as per the program.
- Accommodation and all meals(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)throughout the Simein Mountains Trek and Danakil tour
- Non-Alcoholic Beverages with meals as per the program and plenty bottles of water for the trip.
- Surface Transport expense with four wheel drive Land-cruiser including fuel expense and drivers allowance
- Local guide service throughout the tour as per the program.
- Cooking, camping equipment,
- Scout and police service throughout the tour as per the program.
- Experienced cook throughout of the tour as per the program.
- All government taxes and VAT
- International and domestic flight tickets
- Any alcoholic drinks
- Any videography or camera fee needed
- Laundry service
- Any expense of Personal items like, internet, fax, telephone
- Services which are not mentioned in the above section.